Friday, June 16, 2006

Recommendations

I've been doing some surfing recently (not real surfing, I'm not that talented) and I've come across some pretty good resources. You might want to check them out.

Killing the Buddha is an interesting website for those of us who are (painfully) transcending ideological labels. This site isn't particularly scholarly, but it will definately make you think. The articles are engaging, for example "Jesus and I Broke Up," "The Temptation of Belief," and "My Holy Ghost People." This is not recommended for the easily offended. Thanks to John for bringing this site to my attention.

CNN reports that the Vatican has approved a new translation of the Mass in English. This is one of most drastic changes in the Roman Catholic Church since the Council 40 years ago.

Have a great weekend - and enjoy reading these sites!

Peace.

2 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger John P. said...

By the way, for anyone who kinds the Killing the Buddha website compelling...I implore you to purchase the book (under the same title) by Jeff Sharlet and Peter Manseau and read it. It is an easy read, incredibly provocative, and theologically engaging.

it is a must read, and one of my favorites. I think it would make an excellent choice for an intro to religious studies text as well.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger One of Freedom said...

I've enjoyed that site for a while now. Lots to really make you ponder, especially as an evangelical like me. Jesus and I Broke Up was very interesting to read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thank you for visiting. Please come back soon!